Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 9

This morning I was down just over 1 pound from yesterday and I'm happy with that.  I did decide that I needed to change up my meals and went searching online for some well reviewed recipes. I actually found quite a few that looked good, but decided on Orange Broccoli Beef for tonights dinner. But let me back up a little bit to bring up something that plays into this meal. Last week when I said I was starting the HCG diet a friend mentioned something called BRAGG Liquid Aminos. I had no idea what she was talking about, she just said it was her "life saver" when she was doing it. I had put it out of mind until today, but in my recipe search it kept popping up as an ingredient? So I looked up their website (which I will link to below), read more about it and also located it in my area. Essentially it's an alternative to soy sauce, full of amino acids, that adds flavor to your food and it's HCG friendly.  www.bragg.com

Now onto my dinner, here is the recipe I used: 

7 oz very lean steak 
7 oz broccoli
Zest of 1/2 orange
2-3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp liquid aminos 
1/2 tsp fresh crushed garlic 
1 tbsp minced dried onion
 1/4 tsp chili flakes
  1. Cut broccoli into large bite sized pieces and then steam them until almost done. You'll be adding them in later.
  2. Slice beef into very thin bite size pieces, cook quickly on med-high heat and remove from the pan.
  3. Over medium heat add the vinegar, BRAGG aminos, garlic, onion, chili flakes and zest, let cook for 2 minutes.
  4. Turn the heat up slightly, add back in the beef and broccoli and stir to cover with the sauce and heat through. 

How did it taste?? It was YUMMY! It was as close to a restaurant meal as I've had in week. It will definitely be made again! Oh and the recipe makes 2 servings, so save half for tomorrows lunch or dinner. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment