Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day 2 & Day 3

Day two was even harder than day one.  I don't remember eating that much food in a long time.  Krispie treats, banana bread, leftover homemade mac -n- cheese, soda, protein bars, yogurt, cheese and the list kept going.  Then to top it off we went to The Ram for my "last dinner & beer" where I had the Faburge Burger (cheddar, sliced ham, bacon, fried egg and onion crisps all on a burger), french fries, two beers and shared a mud pie with Todd. I left feeling uncomfortably full and looking forward to tomorrows chicken salad.  

Also after day one I did have a gain of 2 pounds, which I completely expected. Then this morning I had an additional gain of 1.8 pounds. Truthfully I was really surprised that it was only 3.8 pounds total after how I ate the past two days!

The one thing I've missed the most so far is the half and half in my coffee.  I've never been one to drink it black, so this is not pleasant. I think I'll probably end up switching to tea and giving up coffee for now.  Otherwise I had half an apple for breakfast and a small chicken salad for lunch and the other half of the apple as a snack.


For dinner I went with grilled chicken breast and to try something new I bought some swiss chard (red, gold & orange). After I cooked the chicken I tossed the chard into the same pan added salt, pepper, onion powder and some cider vinegar. Then I just let it cook until tender. It wasn't amazing, but it was good and made for a filling dinner.


Overall, I know I can do this.  I'm sure there will be days I want to give up, but if the results start showing soon like I'm told they will, then that will be all the motivation I need to keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment